Landing After Hours: Modern Missouri Masters of Fiction
Missouri possesses a rich and diverse literary heritage. Two modern authors, Evan S. Connell and Daniel Woodrell, deserve a place alongside Twain and Angelou as writers who have chronicled Missouri’s unique place in America’s cultural landscape. Connell’s novels “Mrs. Bridge” and “Mr. Bridge” evoke the early history of the Country Club Plaza district in Kansas City, while Woodrell’s novels “Winter’s Bone,” “Tomato Red” and “Woe to Live On” offer a lyrical and unvarnished perspective of survival in the Ozarks. Come learn about how these masters of fiction have shaped Missouri’s modern identity.
The Missouri State Museum’s "Landing After Hours" events are held the first Wednesday of each month. Programs are held in the Lohman Building at Jefferson Landing State Historic Site. Doors to the historic site will open at 6 p.m., and the program will start at 7 p.m. Come early to explore the historic site (trackside doors) before the program. The program will be held in the first floor classroom, easily accessed from the south entrance door. Convenient parking is available in the lot next to the Lohman Building.
Phone: (573) 522-6949
Event url: mostateparks.com/event/88716/landing-after-hours-modern-missouri-masters-fiction-evan-s-connell-and-daniel-woodrell
100 Jefferson Street
Jefferson City, MO 65101
More Event Ideas
- More Talks and Readings Events
- Wednesday, Oct 7, 7:00 PM
- Landing After Hours: Don Carlos Archaeology Project, Prairie Home, Missouri at Jefferson Landing State Historic SiteWednesday, Nov 4, 7:00 PM
- Friday, Oct 16, 3:00 PM
- More Events on December 2, 2020
- Wednesday, Dec 2, 12:00 PM
- Landing After Hours: Modern Missouri Masters of Fiction: Evan S. Connell and Daniel Woodrell at Missouri State MuseumWednesday, Dec 2, 7:00 PM